It’s true to say that over the past few months, life has been tough for people in the communities that we serve.
Many families are finding it harder to prioritize hearing care. But crucially, our team knows how important this is for someone’s long-term health and wellbeing.
That’s why throughout November, we’re running a brand-new competition, “The Hearing Aid Giveaway,” where one deserving person will receive a complimentary pair of hearing aids!
This gift will help someone who could benefit from hearing aids but is struggling financially. The whole team feels pleased to make a difference to someone’s life in this way.
How Do You Enter?
“The Hearing Aid Giveaway” operates via a nomination process, where you decide who in your community could benefit from these amazing instruments.
Therefore, if a friend, loved one, co-worker, or anyone else you know has ever mentioned a hearing challenge, now is the time to put their name forward!
You can do this via a simple form on our website. You’ll just need to provide a few details about your nominee and explain why they’re a deserving candidate.
The competition will close at the end of November, and not long after, we’ll announce the deserving person who has won this life-changing opportunity.
Following this, the winner will be invited to a comprehensive hearing assessment, where they’ll be fit with their new devices. We wish you the best!
Updates From The Office
This year has been a challenge for all of us. We hope that you and your loved continue to remain safe and in good health!
Just a reminder, Hearing at Home will be closed on November 26 and 27. So if you need any supplies or require an appointment near to those dates, let us know in advance!
In addition, we would like to point out that check-ups are particularly crucial for those who have recovered from the coronavirus.
We recently published an article on our website about how people’s hearing has been affected, which you can find here. Please talk to us if you’ve noticed any changes, small or large.
In other news, we now have an easy monthly lease payment program, which entitles each participant to a new pair of hearing aids every 36 months!
With this, you’ll always have hearing aids that are in warranty and will be equipped with the most up-to-date products.
And finally, our co-owner, Jimmy Stewart, was most surprised when one of his patients came to get a picture of him autographed at the clinic, following treatment.
It’s fantastic to receive such a glowing response, and Jimmy was only too happy to oblige!
Need Tips for Wearing Hearing Aids with A Face Mask? Look No Further!
Face masks are helping to stop the spread of the virus. But as I’m sure you’re aware, they can create issues for hearing aid wearers – especially in regard to communication.
However, Consumer Reports recently published a fantastic article offering guidance for those looking to improve their ability to talk with others.
They suggest hearing aid wearers:
1. Ask people to speak slowly and clearly – this is far more effective than when someone raises their voice and fails to enunciate their sentences.
2. Stand face to face when talking – as long as you remain six feet apart, experts suggest eye contact can make an important difference during conversations.
3. Find the right mask – clear face masks are useful for lip reading, but research has also suggested that cloth and surgical masks can make sounds easier to interpret.
4. Adjust your devices – hearing aids can be altered to help with these interactions; feel free to give us a call at the office if you want assistance with this!
5. Try out a transcription app – these days, there are smartphone apps, such as Dragon or Google Live, that will reproduce speech for you to read back.
6. Make meetings virtual – many hearing aids let you stream sounds via your smartphone, tablet, or computer, so this is a great way to stay in touch with others.
Have a question or need help? Then we’re here for you.
Call us at (540) 908-9494
The Team at Hearing at Home